Bloober Team SA
Based in Cracow, Poland
02 August, 2016
Layers of Fear: Inheritance expands the plot from Layers of Fear and tells the story of the painter’s daughter, who comes back to her childhood home to face her past. Can she forgive her father, or will she resent all
that has happened? Relive her experiences and witness the full scope of the tragedy that has swallowed up the family.
Lead the daughter through what’s left of the mansion and take part in the madness that her father bestowed upon the whole family. Face the memories of her past and shape them into the destiny that awaits her.
Soon after releasing Layers of Fear (full launch) we have started working on a DLC. Putting the daughter as the main protagonist seemed as the most obvious choice. It gave us a fresh perspective on the game while expanding the plot. The game will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Desktop PCs. For those who missed out on Layers of Fear we have prepared Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition, a bundle containing both the base game and the DLC.
- A completely new narrative experience that expands the story of Layers of Fear
- Explore the painter’s house from his daughter’s perspective.
- Two distinct endings based on how you play the game.
- A return to the terrifying and psychedelic experience that you loved from the base game.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Art" Pixel Heaven 2016
- "Gamer's Voice Nominee" SXSW 2016
- "Indie Prize Nominee" Casual Connect Tel Aviv 2015
- "Game Village Nominee" Game Dev Days Talinn 2016
- "Best Gameplay Nominee" Game Access 2016
- "Layers of Fear is the one of the biggest horror surprises of the year."
- Patricia Hernandez, Kotaku
- "Layers of Fear is like P.T. on drugs."
- Danielle Riendeau and Dave Tach, Polygon
- "Truly, Layers of Fear is a masterpiece to behold."
- Jake Yanik, CGMagazine Online
- "Never has a game so perfectly dramaticized a descent into madness by blurring the boundaries of reality."
- Leon Hurley, GamesRadar+
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Trailers - Dropbox
Download all of the trailers dropbox.com.
About Bloober Team SA
Bloober Team is an indie developer based in Cracow, Poland. We focus on psychological horror games rich with dark atmosphere and heavy on the narrative.
More information on Bloober Team SA, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Layers of Fear: Inheritance Credits
All of the work and then some more